Deal your sensitive skin with care!
Are you worried about how to address your biggest sensitive skin concern or what night creams to use for your sensitive skin?
Is your skin least tolerant to the products you choose to apply on the face? Do you feel that your skin is hyper-allergic to everything? Does your skin break out more than usual?
If your answer to all the above questions is “YES”, then we think this is high time that you take charge of your skin. To do that you need to know the basic details about why your skin is more likely to become sensitive to almost everything you put on the face.
We know dealing with sensitive skin is no less than a big-fat challenge for every woman out there. The last thing you want is letting your sensitive skin take a toll on your confidence and the way you look.
When it comes to sensitive skin, the list of skin concerns is endless, we know. This is why we intend to give you a clear insight into how our skin functions and to address your issues what are the best ways to eliminate them forever.
What are the most common factors that trigger sensitive skin?
Numerous are the factors come into play to trigger your sensitive skin. Researchers have pointed out some of the major factors responsible for sensitive skin.
Here are the major factors:
- The gender factor: As compared to males, the thickness of the epidermis in a female is low. This is why; more women have to deal with sensitive skin than men do.
- The hormone factor: Changing levels of hormones during menstruation in women leads to skin issues like acne, breakouts, rash, and whatnot.
The considerably lower level of the female hormone, estrogen during menopause is another factor to blame.
- The age factor: Younger adults tend to have more issues with sensitive skin than elderly adults.
- The environmental factor: Whether it is the harmful UV rays, the harsh particles in the winds, temperature or water, it can be anything that plays a major role in turning your skin sensitive.
What ingredients would you look for in products to apply on your sensitive skin?
When you have sensitive skin that means the skin’s natural barrier is reduced. This is why; you want to opt for products that calm your skin and have these ingredients:
This is like your sensitive skin’s best friend. Being extracted from the root of comfrey herb, allantoin is proven to have skin protective properties that help hyper-reactive skin to heal.
- Oil of cucumber seed:
You sensitive skin needs a helping hand and believe it or not, the cucumber seed oil is that helping hand your skin asks for. The oil, having loads of phytosterols, can protect sensitive skin.
Yes, this is the one with skin-penetrating and soothing properties that you can look for in your night cream products, if you have sensitive skin.
What should be your daily skincare regime if you have sensitive skin?
No matter what, if you have sensitive skin, always opt for nonirritant skincare products.
The daily night and day time skincare routine
a) Double cleansing: After a long day outside the home, the first thing you want to do before hitting the bed is cleansing your face twice to make sure that there is no dirt left behind. Now the question is – what type of cleansers you need to cleanse your face with.
The concept of double cleansing is all about-
1) Cleansing your face with an oil cleanser to get rid of oil-based impurities like sebum, makeup, etc.
2) Washing the face with a gel cleanser to get a clean-yet-moisturized skin.
As oil cleanser, you can consider Uriage Cleansing Oil that is meant to treat your sensitive skin.
Can you use gel cleanser if you have sensitive skin?
Yes, of course, you can! Gel cleansers are packed with super soothing ingredients that do not aggravate your sensitive skin and help keep the natural pH level balanced. So, if you have not yet thought of using gel cleanser, you can give Uriage Extra Rich Dermo Foaming Cleansing Gel a try. Because this cleanser is, free from all sorts of skin irritants, and has anti-allergic properties.
b) Exfoliation: Dermatologists suggest doing exfoliation two times in a week. If you know how to exfoliate your sensitive skin right, it will not only help you get rid of dead cells off your face but also that of oil-based debris, makeup, etc.
Here is what you want to know about sensitive skin exfoliation:
- Having sensitive skin does not necessarily mean that exfoliation is not for you. All that matters is how your skin responds to the ingredients present in the exfoliating product.
- Choose the right product for your skin that does not hold you off from reaching your skin goals. So, make sure that the product you choose does not have potential skin irritants like fragrances, alcohol or any kind of preservatives, which are proven to irritate your skin.
- Exfoliating your sensitive skin is all about being gentle to your skin! Apply the product on your face in a circular motion and then rinse the product off your face carefully.
Editor-approved exfoliating product for sensitive skin
Seeking the right exfoliator for your sensitive skin? This Filorga Scrub and Mask is your go-to exfoliator that does a great job when it comes to revealing your skin’s natural glow by sloughing off dirt and dead cells. And yes, you can use it on your dry to super-sensitive skin.
The best part? This product uses a dual-action formula: – 1) anti-aging re-oxygenating mask and 2) exfoliating mask. What better option could you think of than this?
c) Toning: Your sensitive skin needs toning too; because it helps balance the skin’s natural moisture and pH level, which is an absolute necessity to get healthier skin.
“Choose a toner that uses mild ingredients suitable for skin that easily gets irritated.
d) Moisturizing: Moisturizing is a must for your sensitive skin. Because it adds a protective layer to your skin, leaving it softer and younger with time. So when you choose a moisturizer, make sure the product is filled with moisture-retaining ingredients like humectants. The most popular humectants you can count on, are Hyaluronic Acid, glycerin, etc.
For example, you can opt for Filorga Meso Mask as your go-to moisturizer. This is one of the best anti-aging night creams that you can use for sensitive skin. The product uses one of the moisture-retaining ingredients – glycerin that is proven to moisturize the skin and protect the natural barrier of the skin. Use it regularly to get rid of any types of skin irritation.
What are the most useful skin care tips if you have sensitive skin?
If your skin gets super irritated whenever you apply a product on it, we hope you will find these tips helpful. Let’s get into it.
- When you are using a new product, it makes sense that you take time and check if your skin is tolerant of that particular ingredient present in the product. We mean, go for a little amount and do not use it more than a week. This way, you will know whether or not the product is right for you.
- The more frequently you wash your face, the worse it can go. Dermatologists always recommend not to overdo washing or exfoliating. Because when you over-wash your face, it may lead to the damage of the skin’s protective layer that is supposed to protect skin from irritants.
- When you are putting your skin constantly into a skin irritant, that means your skin is more likely to develop an allergy. People with sensitive skin will know how their skin becomes dry, tender, rash-prone and itchy after sung certain products having not-so-gentle ingredients. So try and avoid using such products as much as you can.
- Try putting night creams that are specially formulated to take care of sensitive skin. no matter what product suits you the best, make sure that the product has all the ingredients that it is supposed to have.
To wrap it up
The most common mistake almost every woman does is not applying anything because their skin tends to react more frequently than average. However, having sensitive skin does not mean that you cannot use skin care products. In fact, your sensitive skin needs care too, and expert dermatologists suggest using products that are specially formulated to suit sensitive skin.
We hope you liked the tips and skincare routine to take care of your skin. Do not feel hesitated to share in case we missed something or your experience to share with us!