Let’s be honest. At first, night creams can sound like a ploy by the cosmetics industry to take more of our money. After all, we have moisturizers for our nightly skincare, don’t we? Well, that might have been true when we were younger. Unfortunately, as you already know, aging does cause a lot of changes to our skin. Now that winter is approaching, you may even notice that moisturizers are getting ineffective at keeping dryness away from your naturally oily skin.
If that is the case, it is time that you start considering night creams for oily skin. Let’s learn some more about them then, shall we?
Skin Behaves Differently At Night
Just like we behave differently during the day and during the night, our skin does the same. Like our body, our skin also has its own clock and behaves accordingly.
In the day, when the sun is up, our skin goes into defence mode. It works to enhance protection against a variety of harsh elements including UV rays, weather and pollution. Day creams are specially formulated to help the skin defend against these elements. As a result, they typically contain some kind of sunscreen and are lighter. Their primary function is to protect after all.
When night falls, the skin begins to move to the restorative phase. It starts repairing the damage it had received during the day to regenerate itself. So, you need a product that can contribute to this healing process. This is where night creams come in. Their formulation allows them to speed up tissue repairs and cell renewal. With a night cream skin care routine such as the Fillerina Dermo-Cosmetic Filler Treatment, when you wake up the next morning, your skin will feel considerably healthier and fresher.
In fact, there are several benefits to using night creams. Let’s take a look at them, shall we?
The Benefits of using Night Creams for Oily Skin
There’s a simple reason to use night creams. At night, our skin is already in the process of healing. As such, it becomes more receptive to skincare routines. In other words, the skin is more likely to absorb the cream, allowing its properties to fully permeate and deliver results. However, that is not the only reason to use night creams. Check out some of the other benefits offered by them.
Staying hydrated during winters is a no-brainer. The cold and dry weather can dehydrate the skin rapidly if you don’t take proper precautions. Then there are the pollutants to consider. Yet, you can’t just splash water on your face and expect your skin to be hydrated. Moisturisers and day creams can take care of your skin when the sun is up. What happens at night when you are sleeping? A good night cream will ensure that your skin remains properly hydrated through the night, restoring the suppleness. With one of these like the Fillerina Dermo-Cosmetic Filler Treatment, you’ll never have to wake up again with a dry, flaky skin.
Every single minute of the day, we lose around 40,000 dead skin cells. While your skin does regenerate, a night cream can give the process a much needed push. You will find that products like Fillerina Replenishing Treatment contain several ingredients that promote the regenerative processes of the skin. When you wake up, your skin is going to feel considerably fresher as a result.
We get it. Nobody likes getting old. Of course, it is worse when your skin looks older than you actually are. A good skincare regimen goes a long way in combating those nasty signs of aging. A proper night cream must be a part of that regimen. The cold weather, the pollutants and even the daily stress can lead to your skin sprouting lines and wrinkles. It may even start to sag due to lower collagen levels.
During the night while sleeping, blood circulates more freely. A night cream with the right set of ingredients will have its nutrients more effectively absorbed. These nutrients will replenish the skin, allowing it to repair the damage more easily and efficiently. Night creams with collagen can restore the existing levels in your skin. This will fill up your skin, reducing sagginess and making it more elastic and suppler.
- Night creams can help in improving the blood circulation of your skin.
- They can ensure an even complexion of the skin, fighting issues like discoloration and spots.
- They’ll help in improving the texture of your skin, making it softer to the touch.
- These creams can restore and provide essential nutrients to your skin for it to retain its natural glow.
How to Apply Night Creams?
Now that you what its benefits are, are you ready to use a night cream? Well, like all cosmetics, you must know how to apply it properly. Otherwise, the impact and the benefits derived will be lesser. We definitely don’t want that. Of course, a lot also depends on the choice but we will get to that in a moment. For application, just follow these simple steps for maximum effect.
- Start by getting of any trace of makeup or other creams that you had worn during the day. For this you need a cleanser. Choose a gentle cleanser that matches your skin type. Rose water is an excellent choice as it suits even sensitive skin types.
- Don’t limit your night cream routine to just your face. Expand it to your neck and even your décolleté for even results. Too often we focus on just the face, forgetting that the neck is just as exposed to the elements.
- After cleaning, tap the skin try. Never rub the skin harshly. It will only stress out the skin and do more harm.
- Take the night cream and apply them in gentle strokes with upward and also circular motions. Always be gentle.
- Steer clear of the area around your eye. Never apply these creams on your eyelids. Doing so will cause your eyes to become puffy when you wake up in the morning. We don’t want that, do we now?
- Now, you might be wondering how much of the cream you need. For starters, always know that night creams tend to be thicker unlike regular moisturisers. In other words, you only need a small amount.
- For best results, apply the cream 30 minutes before you head to bed.
- Just before you go to bed, mildly massage your face and neck. This is the perfect way to finish your skincare regimen for the day. It also improves blood circulation which means more of the cream will be absorbed by the skin, leading to better results.
- Finally, stick to a regular schedule of night cream. This will help you get the results you seek.
How to Choose the Right Night Cream
As you may already know, all cosmetics are not the same. As such, your choice of night creams will depend on a few factors like your skin type, age and your skin concerns. If you have oily skin, you definitely need to stay away from night creams that are too heavy on moisturising agents. Don’t worry. You can easily get night creams for oily skin.
One of the best options you can go for is the Fillerina Dermo-Cosmetic Filler Treatment. This product is suitable for all skin types, making them the perfect option for those needing night creams for oily skin. Moreover, it comes in three different grades, with each corresponding to a specific skin concern.
Choose Fillerina Night Cream Grade 1 if your concerns are minor wrinkles and lines and if there is minimal sagging.
Fillerina Night Cream Grade 2 is for those whose signs of aging are slight more pronounced. In other words, if you have deeper wrinkles, the lines are noticeable and there’s sagging on the lips and cheeks, you will benefit from this Fillerina Dermo-Cosmetic Replenishing Treatment Grade 2.
Fillerina Night Cream Grade 3 is for those with extreme signs of aging. This means you must have deep wrinkles and lots of expression lines. You may also be experiencing sagging in your facial features with a loss of volume especially around the cheekbones. Go ahead with Fillerina Replenishing Treatment Grade 3 to overcome these issues.
Night creams are awesome, as you can see. If you have not already, you must go ahead and add one of them to your daily skincare routine. After all, the earlier you start taking care of your skin, the better it will be.