On average, a person tends to blink around 10,000 times a day. What has that got to do with eye contour creams, you ask? Well, a lot for sure. That is just one example of the stress and strain that the skin near your eyes goes through every single day. With the right products, you can restore the radiance and beauty of that region by fighting the damage. Let’s take a closer look, shall we?
What Are Eye Contour Creams?
Our eyes are used constantly throughout the day. This puts considerable stress on the surrounding skin which is already delicate and thin by nature. Since the skin is used constantly, the area is highly prone to marks and fine lines. Moreover, this skin is easily affected by your lifestyle choices and age. Take sleeping for example. If you do not get enough and proper sleep, the eye contour region will start showing this effect. The result will be dark circles and even puffiness. Age also causes an increase in the puffiness of the skin around the eyes. All of the above are good reasons to invest in some eye contour creams.
The primary purpose of eye contour creams is to hydrate the skin. However, they can do a lot more. A good one will also provide adequate protection against premature signs of aging. These creams promote the microcirculation of the blood in this area of the face as it has normally weak blood circulation. This affects the dark circles and bags. Overall, you will look less tired, more refreshed and younger. They are best used with a day or a night cream. This will keep the skin surrounding the eyes healthy and radiant.
Why Should You Use Eye Contour Creams?
Let’s face it, it can certainly seem like that eye creams are nothing more than costlier moisturisers in smaller packages. They can also seem unnecessary if you have already invested in day creams or night creams. However, this is far from the case.
As mentioned earlier, the skin around your eyes is more delicate and fragile. It is more prone to drying out and will show signs of fatigue and age faster than the rest of the body. Then there are the constant movements of your eyes such as squinting, blinking and winking. These actions speed up the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. Fluids also tend to collect under your eyes resulting in the dreaded dark circles and puffiness. The fact is that this area lacks a proper hydrolipic film which works to protect the skin. This region has few sebaceous glands as well which adds to the problem.
The whole function of eye contour creams is to address these issues and restore the skin to its normal glowing state. These creams are specifically formulated to meet the needs of the skin surrounding the eye. For this reason, you’ll notice that the creams are thicker. They will have more oil compared to regular face lotions. Additionally, they contain several active ingredients to target the issues that affect this region.
Wrinkles and fine lines are generally the result of sun damage and collagen loss. The latter is a side effect of aging. The ability to produce collage decreases with age and collagen is necessary for maintaining the elasticity of the skin. Active ingredients such as retinol, peptides and vitamin C are capable of boosting production collage according to studies on creams. Other useful ingredients include hyaluronic acid and ceramide. They are moisturising agents that stop the skin from losing water and, thereby, improves its elasticity.
Dark circles are the result of age, sun damage and build-up of blood. There is a genetic component as well. Eye contour creams will have ingredients to tackle this issue effectively. Vitamin C and sodium ascorbate are capable of thickening the skin. They will also help in concealing the dark circles but it will take a few months for results to show. To lighten the dark circle, ingredients like vitamin B3, niancinamide and kojic acid are quite useful.
Puffiness is the result of blood and fluids building up under your eyes. According to a few studies, caffeine is capable of improving circulation which, in turn, can decrease the puffiness. There are also studies which suggest that cold temperatures are effective at treating puffiness. For this reason, many people choose to store their eye creams in a refrigerator.
Moreover, an eye contour cream is formulated differently from face creams, moisturisers and other skincare products. It needs to have a different formulation since it will remain in contact with your eyes by means of capillary action. As a result, these products will not contain any irritants whatsoever and, therefore, will not hurt the eyes.
When Should You Add Eye Contour Cream?
To maintain the beauty and radiance of your skin, it is critical that you follow good hygiene practices throughout your life. Hydration also has a critical role in the health of your skin. To ensure both, it is always best to start and follow a proper skin care regimen before the signs of aging catch up with you. With that in mind, it is commonly recommended to begin the use of eye contour creams when you are 25 or so. This is the age when the cell renewal processes start to slow down, putting your skin at the mercy of aging. If you have dry skin, you can start before this age. Drier skin tends to start aging earlier than other skin types.
How to Correctly Apply Eye Contour Creams?
Simply choosing the right product is not enough. You must also know how to apply it correctly. Apply it in the right way and you can maximise the benefits it delivers. Moreover, you will also avoid exacerbating any existing conditions or cause a new one such as redness or irritation. So, check out the following points when using contour creams for your eyes.
- Always wash your hands before application. Cleanse your eye area as well. Proper hygiene will go a long way. So, avoid touching the creams directly in the container. You can use a small spatula to scoop out some of the cream. Alternatively, use cotton swabs as applicators. Of course, clean out the spatula after every use.
- Due to the density of these products, you actually need very little for each eye. On average, you need a pea-sized amount only.
- Dab some cream on the back of the hand. Use this to apply the cream in small amounts at a time. This prevents you from having too much of the product on the fingers. That in turn stops you from applying it too thickly.
- The best finger to use is your ring finger. This is the weakest finger in your hand, making it ideal for gentle applications of the product. You will not end up hurting the delicate skin around your eye.
- Always pat lightly. This is incredibly important especially when you are dealing with the fine skin around your eyes. You must never employ firm movements like rubbing, pulling or stretching. Light pats do not harm the skin. There is another advantage as well. Light pats increase circulation which helps in decreasing puffiness and dark circles.
- Start applying from the inner corner of your eye which is near your nose. Continue applying in an outwards direction towards the temples. Move down towards the cheekbone if your wrinkles go all the way there. Overall, the movement will be in the shape of the C. Make sure that you repeat the movement with light pats to allow the cream to penetrate the skin properly.
- Now, not all creams are meant for the upper eyelid. Check the product to see if it is safe before application.
- It is vital that you never get too close to your eyes with the application. Stay close to the brow bone. These creams can run even if they have been absorbed by the skin. As such, they can reach the sensitive area near the eyelash roots. If this happens, you may end up experiencing swelling, irritation or even blurriness in your vision.
- For best results, you should apply it two times in a day, in the morning and at night. This regimen will be helpful in treating dark circles, puffiness and other signs of aging.
- It is important to be consistent with the use of these products. Regular application will give you the best results.
Eye Contour Creams That You Can Try
As is to be expected, there really is no shortage of eye contour products in the market. To help you make the best choice, we have shortlisted a few of the products that you can try out. Check them out below.
Fillerina 932 Biorevitalizing Eye Contour Cream
If you want to know how to reduce wrinkles around eyes, this is the product for you. Formulated by Fillerina, this product is capable of acting as a filler to help you get rid of fine lines and wrinkles. The biorevitalizing properties of Fillerina 932 Biorevitalizing Eye Contour Cream will help you bring back the radiance and glow of your youth.
Fillerina Eye & Lips Contour Cream
This is another excellent filler treatment from the house of Fillerina. Unlike other products, Fillerina eyes and lips cream can be used on the contours of the lips. If your lip region is in need of some upliftment as well, you should consider this. Additionally, this product is available in different grades depending on the severity of your problems.
Filorga Optim Eyes
For a full fledged skincare regimen for the eye contours, you can get Filorga Optim Eyes. The Filorga Optim Eyes contour cream can fight not only dark circles and puffiness but also other signs of aging. This is due to the many potent active ingredients of this product including hyalruonic acid. Overall, you will enjoy a younger and fresher look thanks to this contour cream.
Filorga Time Filler Eyes
Consisting of powerful active ingredients, Filorga Time Filler Eyes can help you achieve younger looking and wider eyes. It can smoothen up wrinkles and lines from the inside while lifting up sagging eyelids. It can also fight dark circles and hollows under the eyes with ease. With use, your eyelids will be firmer while dark circles will fade away, giving the appearance of wider eyes.
Uriage Thermal Water Eye Contour Cream
If dryness is an issue then Uriage Thermal Water Eye Contour Cream is what you need. This product rebuilds the skin barrier, allowing your skin to maintain the optimum level of moisture. Its moisturising agents replenish the skin, limiting dehydration and its impact on your skin. The product’s texture also adds to the radiance of the eye contour region.
Having beautiful skin in the eye contour region should no longer be a problem for you. After all, there are so many excellent products for you to try. To check out more skincare products, visit Today’s Lifestyle now!