There is nothing as embarrassing as dealing with under-eye swelling or what we simply call, puffiness or bags around the eyes. Many women cannot even think about passing a single day without eye creams.
According to dermatologists, the under-eye area has the most delicate skin and is the first to catch up those signs of aging like baggy under eyes, wrinkles, dark circles, and whatnot.
The thin layer of the skin around the eyes and the lack of the support of fat make things even worse, eventually leads to permanent sagginess and bags under the eyes. Owing to the presence of dense capillary blood vessels, and the frequent muscle movement, your skin starts to develop fine lines, wrinkles, etc.
An important note: Luxurious eye creams available in the market are designed and created in such a way that they can help you only delay the aging process, which, sooner or later, is going to catch you. So, before you make a decision on what eye cream to settle for your puffy eyes, make sure you are well-fed with the information regarding puffiness, under-eye circles, etc, so that you can take action accordingly. Let us get straight to the factors that trigger puffiness.
Six things that cause under-eye puffiness
Under-eye puffiness can be a cause of excessive retention of fluid surrounding the tissues of the eyes. This happens because the skin around the eyes is thinner and more likely to develop sagginess. On the flip side, many think that dark under eyes are the result of lack of sleep. However, lots of factors come to play a role in developing various signs of aging like puffiness, under-eye bags, etc. so, let us dig deeper to understand the real cause of under-eye bags and dark circles.
- One of the main reasons why under eye bags happen is “aging”. Well, we cannot deny this fact that aging is as inevitable as is it might get, and apparently, there is no way one can escape the results aging could bring upon. Can we?
- Puffiness might be a cause of an allergic reaction to something or it could be a seasonal allergy.
- Dehydration? Yes, it could be it. Drinking less water could lead to unwanted eye bags.
- Sometimes, puffy eyes are a symptom of your hyperactive thyroid. In case you have eye bags, make sure to check with your physician.
- Your diet habit might trigger the puffiness around your eyes. If you have puffy eyes, it might be due to the excessive salt intake in your diet. When the sodium level rises too much in blood, it could cause bloating or fluid retention.
- If you notice that your eye bags are more likely to develop in colder months than that of the warmer days, it could be the reason for staying a long time under the heater. Too much heat can cause your eyes’ mucous membrane to get dehydrated, which in turn leads to swelling under the eyes.
Eye creams / DIY recipes to prevent sagginess or under-eye bags?
Who on earth does not want to have those pretty, youthful-looking eyes? On the hunt for the best eye cream for be it dark circles, under-eye puffiness or eye bags, you probably have spent most of your precious time, ending up splurging money on luxurious eye creams, right? Well, we can understand if you have not satisfied with the results you have been experiencing so far with those eye creams or probably you want a quicker solution.
What if we told you there are so many alternate ways that you can opt for if the idea of breaking the bank does not tickle your fancy? Well, you must have heard of DIY recipes that are not only very easy to make at home but also work great. It is one of the easiest and most affordable ways if you are looking for cheaper alternatives to get rid of puffy eyes.
If you have puffiness around the eyes and do not want to spend a pretty penny on those tiny little pots of eye creams, you can always consider using a DIY coffee mask.
Yes, we are talking homemade coffee mask for puffiness, under-eye bags, and dark circles too. So without further ado, let us get started.
THE COFFEE MASK RECIPE FOR UNDER EYE PUFFINESS
- One egg white
- Two tsp of coffee ground (if you can use the unused coffee ground, it will be best because it has the most caffeine content as compared to the used ones)
The making procedure
Now, mix the white portion of the egg with the grounded coffee in a bowl. Using a fork, beat up this mixture until it gets frothy.
Yes, it is that easy!
Take a brush and apply the coffee mask on the concerned area of your eyes, especially under and around the eyes. When you are done with the application, wait for another 10 minutes to let it dry.
A bit about caffeine in reducing under-eye puffiness
Whether you rely on eye creams available in the market, or your homemade DIY mask, if your eye creams have caffeine in it, you will surprise to know that it is great for your eye bags and sagginess around the eyes. How does caffeine help? Here is how:
- when you apply caffeine topically on your skin, it instantly works to improve the blood circulation level, which, in turn, helps plump the skin naturally. That way, you will get to notice a smoother under eye area with lesser dark circles and puffiness too.
- , works best on puffy eyes because it has various properties from anti-oxidant, anti-carcinogenic to anti-inflammatory properties.
- It also helps the skin cells by preventing the harmful UV rays to penetrate deep into the skin, which eventually slows down the photoaging process.
We know eye creams are expensive and it is okay if you are not willing to spend a lot of money on those. You can always harness DIY coffee eye mask to get stronger results. So why not give this recipe a shot?